2011年9月7日星期三

关心



朋友传来以下文字,兹“转载”并试译如下:



The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the, the creator of the Peanuts' comic strip.以下是{花生}漫画作者查理苏尔兹的一些人生哲学。



You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them.你不一定需要真正回答以下问题,但不妨咀嚼咀嚼。



Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.只要读完这段电邮你便会明白。



1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world. 1.举出当今世上最富有的五个人的名字。



2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners. 2. 举出最后五个赫斯曼奖杯(最显要的美式足球奖杯之一)得主的名字。




3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant. 3. 举出最后五个美国小姐选美赛冠军的名字。




4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize. 4. 举出十个诺贝尔奖或普列兹奖得主的名字。




5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress. 5. 举出最后六个好莱坞电影金像奖最佳男女演员的名字。




6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners. 5. 举出十年来美国棒球冠军们的名字。



How did you do?你都能举得出来吗?



The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. 事实上,我们都无法记得昨日的报章头条新闻,



These are no second-rate achievers.这些都绝对是一流事物的成就者。



They are the best in their fields.也都是在他们专长范围里的顶尖人物。



But the applause dies….… 但最终掌声息灭…….



Awards tarnish….… 奖杯退色…....



Achievements are forgotten. 无数的成就都被遗忘了。



Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.种种盛誉以及奖状证书也和它们的主人一起被埋葬了。




Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:这里另外有些问题,看看你如何回答:



1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school. 1. 列举一些曾经在学业上帮助过你的老师。



2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time. 2. 举出三个曾经在你最困难的时候帮助过你的朋友。




3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile. 列举五位曾经教导过你一些高尚价值观的人士。




4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special. 4.想想一些欣赏你并令你感觉有成就感的人。




5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with. 5. 想想五个你乐意和他们共度时光的人。




Easier?是不是比较容易回答?



The lesson:原因是:



The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money...or the most awards.这些能为你生命增添光彩和意义的人并不是那些最有地位,最有钱或获得最多荣衔的人。



They simply are the ones who care the most !他们只是那些最关心你的人!



Pass this on to those people who have either made a difference in your life,or whom you keep close in your heart, like I did.像我一样,把这些文字传给那些关心你以及你所关心的人。




Don't worry about the world coming to an end today 别担心今天会是世界末日。




7.9.2011


没有评论:

发表评论